Friday, May 3, 2013

The Curse of Show & Tell

In Rylan's class there are 4 kids that do a show and tell each week.  So Rylan has done a total of 4 show and tells this school year.  Today was his last one.  Unfortunately, Rylan has gotten sick EVERY time he has had show and tell.  First time, I get called right after lunch that he has a bad ear ache.  That was the first ear ache he had ever complained about, and it started the ball rolling on what eventually led to him getting tubes in his ears in February.  Second one, he got sick the night before and ended up having strep.  Third time came home sick the day before with a fever so he couldn't go to school the next day because you cannot go for 24 hours after you are fever free.  And now the forth time, today.  I was so excited last night I tell him he has show and tell.  He is thrilled he'll actually be there the day of his show and tell.  I mistakenly say we're going to break the streak of getting sick.  4 am I am woken up to "Mom, I just threw up."  Yes it is Rylan saying it.  Get him cleaned up, back into bed.  A nastier mess was left for me a few hours later.  Needless to say...you win show and tell...you win.

He does get to do his show and tell on Monday.  He always brings it in the following week.  At least he gets to do a show and tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment